Furloughed Federal Employees:  If you are a furloughed federal employee and are struggling to pay your electric or gas bill, please call our Customer Contact Center at (888) 467-2669 in Montana or (800) 245-6977 in South Dakota and Nebraska to discuss payment options and review available assistance programs.
Contact Us
Montana (888) 467-2669
South Dakota / Nebraska (800) 245-6977

Customer Service

Residential or Business Customer Service, weekdays 7 am - 6 pm

(888) 467-2669
South Dakota / Nebraska
(800) 245-6977

Bill Payment Address

NorthWestern Energy
11 E. Park St.
Butte, MT 59701-1711

Are you moving?

Complete the online establish service request for residential accounts. If you are trying to establish service for non-residential accounts please call us.

Account Questions?

Submit a question about your account using our online account inquiry form and a customer service representative will follow up with you.
Please do not use this form to report emergencies.

Our Locations

Find NWE Customer Service offices in your community.

Social Media

Join our conversation.

Website Experience

Comments or suggestions about the NorthWesternEnergy.com website? We welcome your feedback.

Other Questions

If you haven't found the answer to your question here, please email us.